Pages

Saturday 24 November 2012

REVIEW : WEDDING DRESS - TAEYANG


Wedding Dress ("웨딩드레스," Wedingdeureseu)! A~~*melt~

It’s every girl’s dream to wear one on their special day...

Yes guys. It’s a special dress that a woman wears at her wedding; often long and white. (Most probably custom made)

Yet,

Today we are not talking about this~ No no~ we are talking about this (in case you had not listen to it before):


The digital single "Wedding Dress" released by Taeyang (a member of Big Bang) right after "Where U At" (His 1st digital singles) and incorporated in his first full-length solo album, SOLAR.


While the lyrics and its arrangement were written by Teddy, both collaborated on its music;

Here is the direct translation of the song:

I would argue
Then you would cry
As you’re struggling, I would only get stronger
My heartaches behind these shadows
My face brightens up as I see your smile
I worry that you might notice my feelings
And I get scared that the gap between us would widen
I hold my breath
Then I bite my lips
Then I pray that she would leave his side.
Baby, please don’t hold those hands
Cuz you should be my lady
Please look at me; I've been waiting all this time.

Once the music ends, you’ll be with him forever
I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn't come
The wedding dress you once wore
The wedding dress you once wore
The wedding dress you once wore

You, who never understood my feelings,
Because of that, I ended up despising you
Then I wished a misfortune upon you
But now, my eyes are dry
I try to talk to you but I realized that I'm alone
Every night, I would look back and think
If I already knew the results
Then I close my eyes
Then I dream an endless dream
Then I pray she would leave his side.

Baby, please don’t hold those hands
Cuz you should be my lady
Please look at me; I've been waiting all this time.

Once the music ends, you’ll be with him forever
I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn't come
The wedding dress you once wore
The wedding dress you once wore
The wedding dress you once wore

By all means, be happy with him
So I can move on
Please erase me out of your heart
Although I tried my best but, no oh~

I've been living the lies for too long
Yet, she would look at me and smile.

-END-

Hahaha! I know right; “who will be in their right mind singing this song in a wedding ceremony?!” would be my 1st response to this song. But as I started listen and reviewing it back, it would seem rather logical and yet reasonable for him to do so.

IMHO (In my honest opinion), the song’s rhythm, beats and arrangement (coupled with the dance move); shows how devastated

“My heartaches behind these shadows“

he is chasing after someone whom he love, cherish and sees her to be the one together with him forever and yet belongs to someone no other than his best friend (I assume) .

“Every night, I would look back and think
If I already knew the results”

Flashing back to those happy memories he had with her/them (with his best friend pops up every single time! Talk about timing!)

Thinking about all those occasion that he felt that they are meant to be is heart-breaking to him and

“I prayed and prayed that this day wouldn't come”
  
Hoped that there is a slightest chance that 

“Then I pray she would leave his side.”

And that she will 

“Please look at me; I've been waiting all this time.”

That all in all his last recourse is to sing the song at the wedding to let her know his unspoken feeling for her with the knowledge of the inevitable ending that

“Once the music ends, you’ll be with him forever”

And that after she puts on the ring, the line is drawn; and he knows that they won’t be friends any more but just strangers with memories.

Insights?

It hurts (a lot) to love someone and not to be loved in return, but it is more painful to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. In this case, it is just too late…

P.S: Dedicate this track review to Lei Mun from Beautiful Things as she requested. Thanks for giving me the chance to write a review on the song...

Till then!

1 comment: